Power BI integration
Opinum has created several integrations with Power Bi so that you can enjoy your data stored in the Data Hub in Power Bi and display Power Bi graphics in Data Hub.
Connect your Power BI account in Opinum
You can connect your Power PI account as an external services in the Data Hub at two levels:
- At a user level: only the user will be able to connect to this Power BI account from the Data Hub.
- At an account level: all the users will be able to connect to this Power BI account from the Data Hub.
You just need to connect your Power BI account and Data Hub once.
Learn more about External services connection.
Send your data from Data Hub to Power BI our Azure Table Storage
To send your data into Data Hub use the Report feature. You can choose the data you want to send and the frequency of data transmission. You can manually send the data when needed, or schedule it. The frequency of data transmission is selected in the report settings, it can be on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis, or on-demand.
If you want to send a huge quantity of data in Power BI you may store it before in an Azure storage table.
Display a Power BI visual in Data Hub
Once you have Opinum data in Power BI you can use it to make advanced dashboards:
- Create a Power BI dataset with your data, or directly by sending the Data Hub report in Power BI, or by sending it first to Azure Table Storage then in Power BI.
- Create a report in Power BI based on your data set. You can schedule the refresh of the Power Bi report directly in Power BI.
- Pin tiles of your report into a Power BI dashboard.
- You can then display the graphs of these dashboards in the Data Hub.
You just need to create a tile in a dashboard, and select Power Bi as a data source. You will then need to select your Power BI account, dashboard and tile. Each time the dashboard will be opened the data will be refreshed. You can also manually refresh it by reloading your browser page with the F5 key.
Learn more about dashboards.